Friday, April 9, 2010

Totally Not a Sappy Post

So, we are leaving in 145 days. Graduation is in 50 days!!! Holy crap! Time is just flying by! So, in 50 days I will be a Lake Placid High School Alumni. lol. But thats not what this post is about. This post is a thank you to everyone who I have met on the DIS. You guys have been so helpful and nice. We are going to have the privlige of meeting each other in 145 days and I think thats really cool. I didnt have the greatest high school years...I lost a lot of friends and I became very angry and resentful. Then I got rejected from those colleges...that just made me all the more bitter. The Disney Career Start was my last chance. If I didnt get accepted to this, I would be living at home, going to the community college in town, and continuing to feel angry and bitter.

But thats not going to happen. I love going on the DIS and reading about the experiences that other people had or are currently going through. And I love talking to everyone who is planning on participating in the Career Start, just like me. I have never met anybody who were nicer and more willing to accept me. Like I said before, High school was rough and not very enjoyable. I can already tell that things are going to be diferent. People already want to meet up and do things. And that makes me so much more excited to go!

So, this is a little thank you letter/blog post, to everyone on the DIS who are making me feel so welcome and so excited to meet everyone!!

3 comments:

Jess said...

aww. I totally feel the same way Nichele!

doddi92 said...

Your blog has totally inspired me! I can't wait to hear about your journey! And I hope I meet loads of people on the forums as well! x

Taylor said...

That is so sweet, and I totally feel the same way! I can't wait to meet you, and everyone! We all def. have to meet up before check in so we have a better chance of being roomies!